Huntsman School Academic Scholarship
The deadline to submit scholarship applications has passed for 2015. For those who have submitted applications, please refer to the schedule below for information about the awarding process.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- February 13, 2015 - Scholarship applications due for the Huntsman School of Business. Applications must be submitted online no later than 12 a.m. midnight on this date.
- April 10, 2015 - Receive by email an award or decline letter from the Huntsman School of Business.
- April 24, 2015 - Return signed acceptance letter via email to the FJ Management Center. Remember, a copy of the donor thank you letter, a biography and high-quality professional photo must be included with your acceptance. You will receive step-by-step instructions on how to submit all required paperwork via email. Make sure you keep a copy of the award letter for your own records.
- Annual Scholarship and Awards Banquet – If you are awarded and accept a scholarship, you must attend the Annual Scholarship and Awards Banquet in fall 2015 or you may forfeit your scholarship.
WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR APPLICATION
Your application is considered for a cash award by the Huntsman School of Business Scholarship Committee.
In order to recognize our best students, we use an index score based on a number of factors related to academic success. For academic year 2014-15, we awarded scholarships to the top 25 percent of applicants based on their index scores. We awarded scholarships outside of the top 25 percent in cases where donor gift agreements stipulated specific requirements. We also factor in scholarships from outside of the Huntsman School in considering our scholarship awards.
We based the 2014-15 award criteria on the following:
- An index formula that awards a score with weighted components based upon 1) overall GPA and credit hours and 2) Huntsman GPA and credit hours, with the Huntsman component making up approximately 2/3 of the weighting.
- All students that maintained a Huntsman GPA of at least 3.5 and an index score of 95 or higher were awarded a scholarship.
- Students that met the above expectations, but were graduating within one semester were awarded a scholarship according to their enrollment.
- We also awarded scholarships outside of the above population in cases where donor gift agreements stipulated specific requirements.
We factored in other USU scholarships in determining our allocations.
Please note that there is no perfect formula. The formula for academic year 2015-2016 may vary from last year’s formula as we continue to refine the process to define academic success.
After the awarding has been completed, award and decline letters will be emailed to you.
We wish you the best of luck in your scholarship quest. If you have any questions not answered above, please contact the Huntsman School of Business FJ Management Center, BUS 309, 797-2272.