Go Global Quiz Bowl
The Go Global Bowl allows students to demonstrate their global awareness.
Recognizing what it means to be globally competitive, students will be quizzed on their economic, political, geographical, historical, and cultural knowledge.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRY FORM
Friday, October 10, 2013 by 5:00 pm
Submit online application
- The team entry form must be received no later than 5:00 PM, Friday, October 10, 2013, to be eligible to participate
- The Quiz Bowl will be held on Wednesday, October 15, 2013, 4-8:00 PM on the 9th Floor of the Business building.
- Each team must consist of four members and all team members must be currently enrolled students at Utah State University.
Teams can be mad of undergraduate or graduate students.
Three team members must be Huntsman school of business students, the fourth member can be a student in any other USU major.
Each team member must be enrolled at USU during Spring Semester 2015.
- Quiz questions will be from the following categories: economics, politics, geography, history, and culture. Questions will have a specific point value assigned, determined by the level of difficulty.
The questions will be organized in various packets and the teams will be given a specific time period to complete each packet.
At the end of each time period, the packets will be graded, and the winning teams will advance to the next round.
The final round will be a question and answer round by judged by members of the faculty.
- No use of outside materials will be allowed during the Quiz Bowl.
Electronic devices are strictly prohibited.
- If there is a tie between teams at the end of the assigned periods, there will be a “sudden death” round to determine the winning time
- You must be present to win an raffle drawings
- Teams must have four members to compete.
- Team members must be preregistered and cannot be changed one registration is complete.
- Every team must have arrived at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the event to complete check-in.
- Breaking of the rules will result in disqualification from the Quiz Bowl.